- Financial Aid Home
- How to Apply for Financial Aid
- Net Price Calculator
- Dates & Deadlines
- Summer Awarding
- Types of Aid
- About Your Financial Aid Award
- Forms Library
- Charging Textbooks
- Policies & Conditions
- Satisfactory Academic Progress
- Student Consumer Info
- Financial Aid Course Eligibility (Video)
How to Apply
Before you apply: Before you apply for financial aid, you should apply for admission to VWCC as a degree/certificate student.
1. Complete the FAFSA
Complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) as soon as you can. To make sure your financial aid award is posted before the first tuition payment due date you should submit your Free Application for Federal Student Aid before the priority deadline. This application needs to be completed each year. There are 3 ways to apply:
- Recommended: Apply online at http://www.fafsa.ed.gov. (FAFSA Tutorial)
- Go to http://www.fafsa.ed.gov/options.htm and download a PDF version of the FAFSA to complete and mail or fax for processing.
- Call 1-800-4-FED-AID (1-800-433-3243) and request a paper application.
2. Check Your VWCC Email Often
Important information and instructions will be delivered to you via your VWCC email account.
3. Respond to Financial Aid Requests for Additional Information
Respond to any financial aid requests you receive from VWCC. Be sure to complete and submit any additional requested materials as soon as you can.
4. Report Scholarships
Notify the Financial Aid Office of all scholarships received by submitting the Scholarship Information Form (PDF). Additional scholarships and awards require recalculation of your financial aid eligibility, which may result in a reduction of previously-awarded financial aid.
5. Register for Classes
Register for your classes. Click here for the class schedule.
6. Pay for Classes
Log into MyVWCC and check your account balance and your pending financial aid award. For directions, click on MyVWCC Help after you log in. If your financial aid award is less than your total account balance, pay your balance by the due date. Check here for payment due dates.
Location: Chapman Hall C106
3094 Colonial Ave. SW
Roanoke, VA 24015
Mon-Thurs: 8:00 AM-5:00 PM
Fri: 8:00 AM-4:00 PM